Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Conference calls

I was on a conference call today discussing the difference between Webtrends Professional and WebTrends Enterprise edition. The custom reporting feature in the enterprise edition really makes it worthwhile, and is probably what makes WebTrends stand out. But as I read somewhere the software vendors have saturated the market and the features are all blurring together. The real difference comes from how it is implemented and who is making changes because of it. I need to understand what the motivators are for business managers.

I also learned today that the ASP version of WebTrends doesn't allow analysis of server log files, only the javascript tags produce analysis. An interesting discovery, now I have to figure out the repercussions. ie what can be tracked and what cannot as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home