Monday, August 16, 2004

Working with filters

In one meeting where I took notes, the speaker said that good analytics come from using lots of good filters. It makes sense; however, constructing those filters is turning out to be something of a challenge. I have been running analysis on the same log files some 3 or 4 times trying to get the filtration how I want it. I think I have it figured out but I will have to wait until it gets done processing.

 

I was just introduced today to Microsoft’s Commerce Server 2002. This behemoth of a solution has some pretty sweet analytical tools tucked up into it. It will be a while before I can say I know what’s what on this bad boy, but it comes with out-of-the-box data warehousing. That’s huge. Unfortunately, so is the price.

 

As a consultant type, it is necessary for me to maintain my value by making up acronyms. My success depends on the broader adoption of the acronyms I create so without further ado, I give you: SRD.

 

That’s right. SRD. What does it mean? SRD = Site Raison D’etre. It is an acronym to use when describing a website’s primary function or purpose. Please add this acronym to your vocabulary, and use it all the time. Oh and give me credit, of course.

 

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger k_sra said...

My SRD is just to screw around on the internet with friends. Hey, it works! I like it! I must now share it with the world...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home